leak or condensation? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leak or condensation? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vinyl-lover

[h=2]Hi. Please help!

The flat below me keeps hassling me regarding an ongoing issue in their bathroom. This happened last year around the same time. Their bathroom is an extension (roughly 30 yrs old) which has a concrete ceiling with a suspended false ceiling below. They have put insulation in-between however I don't know exactly what kind or how much. The front door to my flat, with a small outside porch area is directly above their bathroom, accessed via stairs. I regularly hose this outside porch area and there has again been no issue after I do this. We have had extremely wet weather these past few weeks, including snow, and no issues mentioned until now.
They have been to see me today saying they have an emergency leak in their bathroom again and are pointing fingers at my plumbing. They have already had a plumber out to my flat last year when they had the same issue to check pipes and there was no problem identified with my plumbing. I haven't heard about the leak re-appearing until now and they cannot tell me how they fixed the leak last year - it just seemed to go away! I have an efficient boiler system which indicates whether there is an issue with pressure drop aka pipe leak - so I know it is not my heating system. I have not altered any plumbing; I have not seen any signs of leaks - wet carpet etc, and I have no pipes running near the area they are having issues with. I understand their leak could stem from another area however as my boiler is running perfectly and I have only 1 other water pipe, being the mains, which runs in a different area of my flat. It is a Victorian flat on multiple levels.
I need advise as to how to proceed! I am beginning to think it could be due to condensation? The leak appears around the same time each year - freezing cold; it does not seem dependent on rainfall / snow etc; plumbers could find no fault with my pipework; if it was a pipe leak, it wouldn't just go away without being fixed, and then start again the same time the next year!
Is there some new way to check for leaks in pipes easily without having to lift carpets and remove the wooden floorboards? I have sent the neighbour a link to condensation being confused for leaky pipes but they have totally ruled it out, saying I have a leak. I am at a loss as to what to do next! Should I get my own plumber to check my pipework?
Does it sound like condensations? If so, how do I advise they sort out the issue?
Thanks in advance[/h]

best to get a plumber to check where they say theres a leak both sides (eg yours property and his/hers)

and if pipes arnt lagged could be

just be civil about it all

Do they have an extractor fan in there bathroom?
Do they use it?

Is there a constant drip in there bathroom or just occasionally or at a certain time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideally take the toilet out and shouldn't be a...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Needs eyes/hands on. Access is best/least...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for posting this informative post :)
Replies
Views
Back