LEAK UNDER FLOOR. BOILER ON ALL THE TIME AND WHAT IS PART IN PHOTOS? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss LEAK UNDER FLOOR. BOILER ON ALL THE TIME AND WHAT IS PART IN PHOTOS? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot water to escape and that is why the boiler is contiually running as it thinks a hot tap is open. I have 2 questions please..
1. If there is an underfloor leak shouldn't the boiler pressure guage be dropping? but it is not..it is constant at 1.5 to 2 bar.
2. The engineer left this part behind after he did the safety check (see photo). Is it part of the boiler?..i have pictured it from both sides..many thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-152334_AOL.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-152334_AOL.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20231204-152421_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-152421_Gallery.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 33
Can't tell what the bit is, but the underfloor leak is probably on your hot water side, not heating. Don't know why the heating is not working but the pressure gauge measures the heating system pressure. Simple way to find out is shut off the hot water outlet valve from the boiler (NOT the heating valve), if it stops then Robert is your mother's brother! :)

The part left behind looks to be a cap for the boiler flue test point.
Is the Boiler a Worcester?

Should look like this when fitted like this on the top of the boiler,

Boiler cap.PNG

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Back