leak | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Have had a call back on a boiler i installed several weeks ago from a landlord saying their has been a leak on it .Have gone there today and noticed its pouring out the condense pipe where it goes through the wall . However i never installed this part only linked into existing pipe and over a periood of weeks the condese water has soaked through the solid wall causing damp damage downstairs.
Have removed this part of the pipework and renewed and when doing this the tennant told me the landlord is seeking compensation for damage .Chatting with the tennant about the compensation he said the landlord at first tried to get them to pay now he is pointing finger towards me .
How would you lot go about getti ng around this ?As far as im concerned you only connect onto whats there otherwise you would be ripping out loads of pipework as the leak is on existing. Plus i tested and nothing showed at the time only several weeks later where the wall is soaked through and water damage is showing .Imo i think it doesnt look that bad as its a solid wall and will dry out fine

As above, existing pipework. Not your fault, what does it say on your quote? Renew boiler or renew everything!

send the landlord the invoice for the call back as it was not on your work.

Open him up..

Am waiting to see if i hear anything from him regarding this , if he tries for compo then i will state it was renew boiler not existing pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My pleasure. It's particularly worth noting...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
Back