Leaking Alpha CD32C | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking Alpha CD32C in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey, don't work on many Alpha's so could do with some pointers on this one I came across today...

It looks to be leaking from the connection onto the main heat exchanger at the bottom of the heat exchanger, is this a common problem? To get better access I'm going to remove the front combustion door & fan which will allow me to clean up the mess it's made in the combustion box.

i can't find the part number for a combustion door seal anywhere! I'm after the vaillant type door seal kit if anyone is familiar!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 35
Get the seal kit for the boiler not just the burner gasket as there is another inside the combustion door (thin red gasket).

As mutely said check the condense pipe on these. I covered a lot of these on a HA contract and had a few condense pipes go. Also be gentle with it as I've had a couple come apart where the condense pipe joins the condense trap. I think there was a technical bulletin about these boilers and the condense pipes.

The one in tooting I had like this I managed to squeeze my hand in with some little wide mouth spanners and put a new washer in it. Mopped up all spillage and was off. I hope this isn't the same one

If it's leaking from the stainless pipe of the heat ex, either the pipe will need changing, or you may get away with a 22mm fibre washer.

If it's leaking from the stainless pipe of the heat ex, either the pipe will need changing, or you may get away with a 22mm fibre washer.

i thought the pipe was copper when I was there, but yes it's the one off the rear of the heat exchanger & it does look like stainless in my pic.

Get the seal kit for the boiler not just the burner gasket as there is another inside the combustion door (thin red gasket).

As mutely said check the condense pipe on these. I covered a lot of these on a HA contract and had a few condense pipes go. Also be gentle with it as I've had a couple come apart where the condense pipe joins the condense trap. I think there was a technical bulletin about these boilers and the condense pipes.

Is this the kit you mean? Seems expensive for a door seal lol! It seems to have all sorts of weird seals in it!

SEAL KIT DHW & MAIN HEAT EX - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd

As Millsy mentions there is an issue with condi pipe on these. It separates at attachment bushes due to weak welds. There is an upgrade part.
Just be sure not that first, as replaced at least 2 last year.

As Millsy mentions there is an issue with condi pipe on these. It separates at attachment bushes due to weak welds. There is an upgrade part.
Just be sure not that first, as replaced at least 2 last year.

I did push my hand up the back of the heat exchanger to check it was all dry up the back as the condense seems to join at the back, I could only see a droplet from the main heat exchanger nut where the fibre washer would be.

The custard did say they did not top up pressure much tho which made me think it might not be on heating side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Is the gas pipe magnetic?
Replies
Views
  • Question
You'll be lucky, change the Red APS and clean...
Replies
Views
If that’s the case, no wonder the landlord is...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back