Leaking boiler- due to no gutter? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking boiler- due to no gutter? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boilergirl85

Hi there,

Our flat is in a block of 4 which the council are regenerating, and in the last week they've taken the gutters off. It's rained heavily twice since then and each time we've had water leaking out of the bottom of the boiler. It starts as soon as it rains, and stops as soon as the rain stops. It's rained heavily before the guttering came off and there's never been a leak so I'm not sure it's a badly sealed external flue.
We rang the building company and they sent the roofer out to fix it, he did something and then we expected him to knock and tell us what he'd done but he'd driven off.
I have the water collecting in a large container and the boiler switched off, I was just wondering:
• is it safe to use at this point?
• if the 2 slow drip leaks stop as soon as the rain stops, does that mean there's no big build-up of water inside of the boiler as that would continue draining out after the rain stopped?
• How does no gutter equal water leaking from boiler?

Thankyou in advance!
Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
The valve you have is a fusible head...
Replies
Views
Agreed mate, you can get sheilds that go...
Replies
Views
Back