Leaking boiler pipe? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking boiler pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

We've had a dripping pipe that comes off our boiler for a few months and have sort of ignored it and put a bowl underneath... but doesn't seem like a great permanent solution o_O any ideas how can I stop it dripping? See pics.

plumber.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 14.11.49.png

Struggling to see what it is clearly from the pic, but looks like a drain cock to me, if it is you might be able to stop the drip by tightening it a bit, but would indicate the rubber washer inside it is reaching the end of its life and would need replacing.

Looks like either the drain off is passing water or is leaking from further up. I'd say it's the cold for the boiler as it appears to be connected to a filling loop, although it is hard to tell for sure. That is an unvented cylinder not a boiler.

If it is the draincock and it won’t shut off; put a stop end on a short length of copper, push this copper into a short left of garden hose ( warm hose in hot water first) , then attach hose to draincock.
Next time system is worked on, change draincock washer and remove this contraption.

Thanks for the replies so far - here are some more pictures. The taps on the left are leaking too. Does that shed any more light on what the problem might be?

upload_2018-12-11_11-28-41.png

Thanks for the replies so far - here are some more pictures. The taps on the left are leaking too. Does that shed any more light on what the problem might be?

View attachment 35853
It’s not a related problem. Are they leaking from the centre at the base of the tap handle? If so, the centre but might just need nipping up with a spanner or if that doesn’t stop it you may need to dismantle the tap, clean and replace the washer in the spindle. The second option would need to be done with water off (obviously).

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
The only chance you have of a quick fix is to...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Back