Leaking boiler. What to do? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking boiler. What to do? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john121park121

Hi guys,

More or less a complete novice here. I bled a radiator the other day, and then my central heating wouldn't work. I worked it out to be that the pressure had dropped to zero in the system, so I added water to the system using the valves and topped it up to 1.5bar, which I think it was at before the bleeding.

I now have continuous drips from two pipes highlighted in the picture below. Is the pressure too high? Or is it another problem?

boiler.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
the picture posted gives a good overall view, but a closer picture would be good as well.

is the water leaking from the open ends of the drain valves?

they are drain taps and they have been leaking for some time with look of it . gentaly tighten them up with a small adjustable spanner using the square pegs sticking out the bottom of each one make sure you do it clock wiseand dont over do it if you not sure get plumber to do the them.

all though the auto air vents dont look to happy either

do as smileyplumber says and try and tighten the valves carefully do not overtighten them or you will snap the square bit off. if they continue to leak you will need to get a plumber in to change them.

Seem to have stopped the bottom on e but the top one wont tighten any more and it's still leaking, 1 drip every 10 seconds or so. Might I need a new valve? If so how much am I looking at to get a plumber round to do it?

Cheers

probably just needs a new washer. could be about half hour job or more depending on whether a drain down is needed
we don't encourage prices in open forum it gives less scrupulous people a level at which they can pitch lower and take bread out of our mouths lol.
if you put a request in the looking for a plumber section giving your general area there may be someone on here who can come and sort it for you.

probably just needs a new washer. could be about half hour job or more depending on whether a drain down is needed

Excuse my ignorence, but how much is that these days for an average plumber? I'm in Hertfordshire if that makes a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply, I’ll try your...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back