Leaking Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas Lady Mids

Hi.. I had a call for a break down of a combi boiler. When I arrived at the property there was no power to the boiler at all.. Customer stated that he tested the fuse in the spur and it is working. Anyway customer informs me that when the boiler went out it kept trying to relight, making several noises then blew the main electrics entirely. Now the boiler is leaking. I took the boiler apart and noticed some discolouration on PCB. I think that has blown so I have ordered a new part, I have drained down the boiler but it is still leaking. from the diverter valve. I have isolated the water supply to the boiler but it is still leaking from the diverter. I have had to turn the mains water off.. Any ideas where this water is coming from guys and why it maybe leaking thru the diverter valve?!!!...

The boiler contains a lot of water.
You can isolate the boiler and drain it down but if you've ever changed a pump in the boiler or diverter valve, no matter how many times you think yoiu've drained it, there's always a bit more.
It's just perseverance.
It'll get there in the end

Sorry.. Forgot to say - when I turn the water off at the mains, there is no leak. When i turn it back on, the diverter continues to leak.
How is that possible if i have isolated the water at the boiler???:13:

The cold water supply at the boiler... ?? I thought that was right.. Sill new to the game.. Got my certificate last week

The isolation valve could be letting by.
If you're in a fix then it might be worth cutting a ball-o-fix into the incoming cold to the boiler. That way you'd be certain it was off

Ok.. Thanks.. Do you think that if water is leaking from the diverter it will need replacing?

Ok.. Thanks.. Do you think that if water is leaking from the diverter it will need replacing?
im sure this is a wind up why would you leave an item thats caused a pcb to burn out due to water ingress leaking?or thinking about it why would you leave anyting leaking?

No not a wind up.. I was advised today that the diverter could be repaired.. I was asking (In someone else's opinion) if it needs replacing.. meaning is it worth repairing!!!

No not a wind up.. I was advised today that the diverter could be repaired.. I was asking (In someone else's opinion) if it needs replacing.. meaning is it worth repairing!!!

The PCB has blown before diverter started leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the reply, plumber attended...
Replies
Views
Back