Leaking central heating - should I use an internal leak sealer? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking central heating - should I use an internal leak sealer? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun87

I have an 18 month old central heating system with a combi boiler and pushfit pipework. Everything works OK but the system loses pressure after about 3 months. I can't find any obvious leaks or weeping joints. Would a leak sealer like fernox f4 be a good solution?

Thanks

No a good solution is to find out where the drop is coming from. Rad valves are most likely and the smallest of drips will drop the pressure over that time period.

No a good solution is to find out where the drop is coming from. Rad valves are most likely and the smallest of drips will drop the pressure over that time period.

I've checked all visible valves and have been unable to find any leak. I'm reluctant to pull up my laminate flooring for such a small leak. Should I let the leak continue? Is a 3 month drain out that bad?

Most likely prv or expansion vessel or under the floor some joints ...

But I suggest to get a gsr - plumber in to solve the issue might be something wrong with the boiler

Check all radiator valves
Take the heads off trv valves and the white caps off the lockshileds if fitted and check for signs of water corrosion or rust
Same on the bleed valve end and blank end of the radiator

Check the blow off pipe on the boiler is dry or for signs of water

If you can't find anything then call the installer who fitted the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Do pipes come out of the floor on ground floor...
Replies
Views
Back