Leaking close coupled toilet around base | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking close coupled toilet around base in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PEE GROOVER

Hi can anybody help

had to change doughnut washer on downstairs loo. brought new washer and connector kit and assembled and checked for leaks with no problem. Noticed a small air bubble rising from bowl when you wee in it. have checked for blockages ect outside in main drain and ok. have noticed also urine around base of pan which has spread under vinyl flooring. Could this be a cracked pan.

thanks

mark

is there any sign of the toilet being cracked, for example a crack?
more likely to be leaking from a fitting/connection
or the problem is an issue with aim
my toilet has similar symptoms to yours, usually after my 10 year old son has used it

I've had this on a new pan. Couldn't find the crack but it was deffo broke

Good test is to fill pan. Mark level and check in a while to see of it has dropped

Thanks guys. I have a five year old and wondered if this is the problem. As a flooring contractor i have made sure that the vinyl has been properly sealed around the pan and skirtings ect. But still a mystery as the vinyl is soaking around pan area. You mentioned a pourus pan scotty what is this

Check the pan connector seal with the pan.

Do you have any dogs in the house? Un-neutered dogs in particular sometimes urinate against WC pans.

Isolate the cistern, flush and remove all water from the cistern with a sponge. Place off limits overnight and check around the pan in the morning.

feel around the back of pan for the close couple bolts, sometimes you get a drip coming off one or both bolts if the donut slips a bit when putting pan back on. add this to bad aim = big yellow puddle.

also feel round back of pan below the connector to soil pipe if that is wet then the pan connector seal has developed a leak (also possible during a donut washer change if pan gets nudged and not adequately secured.

will take 1 min to check this, if all good then isolate cistern and wait....as whpes says

Problem solved

On checking closley inside the pan there was a crack inside the toilet bowl and when the level had risen it would leak under the pan. have spent weekend fitting new pan and cistern and all ok. Cheers fellas for all the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

When you say 'cleaned the bottom of the tank'...
Replies
Views
thanks cjg, noted and we'll be sure to ask
Replies
Views
It can't selectively leak weewee's If it...
Replies
Views
HI Thank you for your responses. It's...
Replies
Views
"I can’t get to the manhole cover – its been...
Replies
Views
Back