Leaking cyclinder connection | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking cyclinder connection in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello All,

Yes, another 'leaking cyclinder' question...I'd be grateful for your advice.

Vented 90x45 cyclinder in loft. Connection in question is not flow or return but an additional 5th connection that seems part of a separate system with dedicated hot water tank and shower pump. Can't get plumber to fix for a couple of weeks and have been quoted £950 plus VAT for fitting a new 'un by an emergency plumbing firm. Leak is manageable at the moment but I thought I would, in the meantime, see if it's definitely the connector flange and maybe seal it by partly draining down (to below connector). Worst case scenario - - cylinder wall falls apart in my hands and can't bodge it with fibreglass/epoxy then live without hot water for a few days until replacement! I've identified the cold feed gate valve, drain cock and gate valve on pipe leading from connector. Does this sound a reasonable plan? Does the power shower system complicate matters? And what should I pay if I have to get the plumber in to replace? Have seen that replacement cylinder around £230. Many thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 20210729_150208.jpg
    20210729_150208.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210729_150201.jpg
    20210729_150201.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 34
Wouldn’t mess around with that looks like an old Essex flange would change the cylinder for a gledhill stainless steel

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
V
  • Question
If they are genuinely steel pipes with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If your area / city allows drainage to be done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
In my experience, the way these things usually...
Replies
Views
Back