Leaking external stopcock is this the cause of my high water bill | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking external stopcock is this the cause of my high water bill in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I

Ian Noble

Hi all
I have had a very high water bill. When I turn the external stopcock off, the flow indicator stops spinning, so I assumed it was a house leak issue. However, I have noticed that the external stopcock is leaking. When the stopcock is turned off, the water to the house is turned off , the meter stops spinning and the stopcock stops leaking. When I turn it back on it leaks quite considerably and the flow indicator spins even though nothing in use. Wil I therefore being paying for leaking water from the stopcock which is directly next to the meter.
Thank you

Not normally as the stop tap is before the meter so sounds like you have a leak from the meter to the house

You can confirm this by turning the internal house stop tap off and if the meter keeps spinning / registering usage then you know it’s between these two stop taps

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Oh yes. You would need to turn the water off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
  • Question
A competent plumber will have the kit and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the tip. I have an outside tap so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you have any push button toilets you may...
Replies
Views
Back