leaking hot water cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leaking hot water cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

A

ajoint

my hot water tank is leaking ,i think it is leaking at the union nut on the return side of pipework connecting into the cylinder,how do i go about replacing the union nut and do i have to drain down the whole system,obviously drain down the cylinder,what about the central heating side do i need to drain down the rads,thanks,al joint.

redsaw,thanks for that,to drain down just isolate the boiler at the fused spur,then turn off the water to pipes going to the cylinder ie flow and return,isolate gatevalve to the hot water cylider,then drain down hot water cylinder,then catch any water then comes out off return pipe which is the nut that is leaking,also how would i fill up the indirect coil to the cylinder?thanks,al joint.

I really think you should call in experienced Heating Engineers , you could end up with all sorts of problems. Depending where the leak actually is the cylinder may need replacing . If you are not competent to do this I would leave well alone . Reading your post it looks very much like you have limited knowledge on how a system works. Sorry but just trying to save you getting into an unwanted and wet situation . It will cost more to correct if you do have to eventually call in the experts .

dannyparty92,i had forgotten but it came back to me sorry mate,i finished the courses back in july but i need the experience as it is easy to forget,i need to go out with a plumber gas engineer,i have done just odd plumbing jobs here and their,ajoint

That's fine mate no need to apologise :). If its a sealed system then you will need to fill it via a filling loop. If its tank fed then you just need to make sure the service valve before the float valve on the f and e tank is fully open and the float valve is working correctly.

That's fine mate no need to apologise :). If its a sealed system then you will need to fill it via a filling loop. If its tank fed then you just need to make sure the service valve before the float valve on the f and e tank is fully open and the float valve is working correctly.

danparty92,thanks for that mate,are you a qualified plumber?i wish i could do more plumbing,thanks,ajoint

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
E
  • Question
Hi, I've got an unvented hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Elliott
E
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back