Leaking on Blanco kitchen twin lever tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking on Blanco kitchen twin lever tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

After many weeks of our kitchen tap leaking i have decided i need to address this sooner rather than later but am a bit reluncant as i dont want to make the issue worse than it is.

We have a kitchen tap from the manufacturer blanco which has seperate controls for hot and cold. I believe the correct term maybe twin lever tap?

It is a leaking but I am unable to understand whether its the cold or hot section is affected. From doing some research on these taps i understand its not just a washer that I can replace but it is a whole valve unit.

My question is could i myself replace the valve or is it a job for a plumber?

I need to isolate the supply so i can unscrew the tap to find out exactly the valve which is installed, it it just turning of the stop tap which should be sufficient? We have a gas central heating system with a combi boiler, do i need to do anything with that?

When a tap has the valve setup and no a washer, do i need to buy as a pair or can i buy seperatly. The hot lever turns clockwise but the cold lever turns anti clockwise.

Any advice on this would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

where is it leaking from or is it dripping out the spout ?

Hi

I am unsure of the technical term but if the spout is where the water comes out from, then yes. It is not leaking from anywhere else. Thanks

is it a quarter turn tap (eg from closed to fully open is about a quarter of a turn)

edit looks like it will be best to get a plumber out

Last edited:
image.jpg

Simple test to determine if it's hot or cold. If it was installed correctly, On each of the 2 pipes that feed the tap there should be an isolator valve. Simply turn one through 90 degrees, if the water drip stops that's the one. If not turn the other and if that stops the drip it's that one. Blanco taps have a good long warranty so you may get 2 valves for free. If not they will be about £30. You will need tools to replace them, search you tube for how.

So I managed to order the valve online however I am having a real pain taking out the old valve. Its just stuck no give at all. Tried to put WD40 but no luck and I have been doing it anti clockwise. That's correct isn't it? I think I might need to call plumber for this one :-(

What does the instructions say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Unscrew the lever. This might enable removal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does the tap leak continuously or only when...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do! Appreciate the help Thanks 👍
Replies
Views
  • Question
I believe a dual flow tap does not require non...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
Back