Leaking plastic part | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking plastic part in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I've had no problems with my boiler in the last 6 years. A couple of weeks ago it started slowly dripping from the plastic part shown in the picture. I have temporarily put a bucket underneath this and we've had to repressurise the boiler once.

Any ideas what this part is? It looks like I could tighten it, however with it being plastic, I didn't want to break it.

The boiler is a "BAXI Platinum Combi 28 HE" and is about 12 years old (at a guess from stickers on the boiler).

Many thanks

Attachments

• Boiler.jpeg
    Boiler.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 49
is it loose eg tighten it a bit by hand?

The dripping you can see may or may not be related to the leak that is causing your pressure to drop. Either way, I don't think this is a task a DIYer can legimately/safely tackle themselves. I'd start by asking the registered gas professional who normally services your boiler to assist.

have you had it serviced? If not I’d suggest you get it done as soon as possible, the part you point to is the condensate trap, it needs cleaning out as part of the annual service but only by a gas safe engineer as it’s part of the flue system.
it wouldn’t cause your boiler to drop pressure though, so maybe you have a different leak and it’s running out through this part of the boiler, either way I’d get a local guy to come check it out. These are fairly simple to work on, any issues should be easily rectified.
good luck pal 👍🏻

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, I think you're right in terms of stopping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Oh yes. You would need to turn the water off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Back