Leaking Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murraylee

Hi Guys, new on here and hope this is the right place to post....

I have a soul pipe from the upstairs toilet going down into the ground in a garage, at the garage level it has a washing machine waste going into it.

The concrete around the base has always looked damp (sometimes very) and I've suspected there may be a problem for a while, but I've just noticed that after flushing the toilet, water is rising from around the concrete and when the washing machine was on a small 'squirt' of water shot out from between the concrete and the pipe.

I've put a rod from the manhole through, and doesn't seem to be any blockage....

Has anyone come across this before? Any advice or suggestions on what I should do next?

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 32
Hi Steven, not done that, what does it involve? Would I call a plumber or a builder for that kind of thing? Is it expensive?

It looks like the grey fitting is a 4" st conn pushfit-glue s7g3.scene7.com.jpg
It could be the glued joint at the bottom of the fitting leaking.
There's also a chance that the plastic fitting used has been connected to your clay drain if so I would change it for a flex coupler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
A
It’s mainly because of the boss eg pipe into...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Back