Leaking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

graham1030

Hello,

I am having trouble with my toilet. I have just replaced the flushing valve which now works great but now i have 2 leaks. the first leak is a leak from the cistern into the actual toilet bowl. its only a steady leak but causes the valve to randomly come back on scaring everyone in my house. I have been told that the washer is bust but i cant find the right size. on mine it says 23 yet the only ones i can find in shops is 30. Can anybody explain this to me?

Also i have a leak in the flexi pipe from the pipe to the toilet. I have been looking to buy a new one but wasn't sure if there are different sizes or just one standard size. the pipe is 15mm but im not sure what size the thread is which it attached too on the toilet. Is there a standard thread? I have found one which is 15mm x1/2" but dont know if this would fit. sorry for the long message i need help!!!

Thanks
Graham

oh and i dont know if it makes any difference but the flexi pipe has an isolation valve on it, probably doesnt but just wanted to make sure

Last edited by a moderator:
? first question i dont know what ur refering to. point with ur finger n explain pls.
at a quess its an internall overflow and needs adjusting to right level?

next are you sure its the flexi pipe and not the washer connecting pipe to infill? check it or tighten slightly.
the pipe is half inch connection. sort this first before you start elsewhere at least you can isolate your cistern.

i have changed the washer and it made no difference. its leaking through the isolation valve. it has a very small crack in it an you can see the water coming out.

the first question was about the rubber seal in at the bottom of the flushing mechanism which stops the water leaking into the toilet bowl. i have taken it out and it is all worn and not even anymore allowing the water to leak through. When i went into a couple of shops to buy a replacement they didnt have the right size. the one from my toilet has the number 23 written on it but i can only find ones with 30 on. i guess this number is something to do with the size.

Are you talking about the washer that comes with syphon kit?

it is attached to the bottom of the syphon to seal the water in the cistern. It is worn so doesnt form a tight seal allowing water to trickle through.

Try your local plumbers merchant for a replacement.
Or the manufacturer of the syphon kit.

I`m not a plumber, but I wouldn`t recommend using sealant as a last resort without using a new washer.

Did you inspect the diaphragm for damage/splitting before you put it back?
Just might save you another job after all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-3-8-in-C...
Replies
Views
You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
ah mb then
Replies
Views
Back