Leaking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Relative called, water through kitchen ceiling. Put hammer through boxing in . slight leak from basin waste , previous plumber has melted solvent waste to fit normal pipe and used silicone to seal it.Fixed that . Got a call still leaking when shower used. Cheked out ,no leak but wet under toilet ,flushed 10 times no leak. Anyway long story short fitted new toilet. Anybody ever had invisible toilet leak.

Wet floor no leak. Customer put towel round toilet . no water through ceiling.

Well then theres a leak. Your not looking hard enough

Thanks, lots of condensation but no leak from anywhere else. What I'm saying is no leak from obvious places ; outlet , feed ,joints, etc . Has anyone encountered leaks from main body of toilet. faulty casting ?

It is possible that there is a manufacturing fault on the toilet itself.

I had a B& Q one a bit like this . . .. .

Dry off condensation with towel then flush a few times and run your hand around the dubious areas. If there is even a very very slight leak then you can feel it.

Make sure toilet is 100% dry before you try this!

Relative called, water through kitchen ceiling. Put hammer through boxing in . slight leak from basin waste , previous plumber has melted solvent waste to fit normal pipe and used silicone to seal it.Fixed that . Got a call still leaking when shower used. Cheked out ,no leak but wet under toilet ,flushed 10 times no leak. Anyway long story short fitted new toilet. Anybody ever had invisible toilet leak.

Yes mate, fitted a toilet for a customer last week. This was an online purchase and i had doubts about the quality of the porcelain from the start. That said got it all together and went through the commissioning process and every tome i flushed the darn thing a small rivulet of water appeared underneath. Scratched me head a few times because no water was leaking from the cistern, pan connector was bone dry. So a decided to squeeze me head round the back when i flushed. To my horror the water was coming right out the top of the pan from some out of site fizzure or break in the glaze on every flush. Not a lot but enough ! Informed the customer who had it returned. Qaulity Willbond wc fitted next day, no leaks !

So get a torch put the toilet on a couple of long flexis and get get your head round the back when you flush, you never know it just might be the same issue,

Drop some food dye in the bowl water first and see if it comes out anywhere. Then use a different colour in the cistern.

had this problem a few times, when toilet was flushed, water would appear round the base of the toilet, checked all the obvious joints etc, advised the customer of faulty toilet, they took it back, brought back same model, installed with no problems!
www.south-london-plumbers.co.uk/

Rogue customer gets you back for leak then says "how do i pressurize my combi"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
Judging by the wording used, I'd say the O.P...
Replies
Views
Are you asking if you can run a toilet into an...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
He went for the putty because he doesn't know...
Replies
Views
Back