leaking vaillant combi boiler helpppp! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leaking vaillant combi boiler helpppp! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goodwin10

hi people, need help! i drained down heating system (rads) when i filled system back up via the filling loop, 10 - 15 minutes later i walked past the boiler and water was coming out from inside the boiler very quick steady flow?? then it stopped for some reason, i phones british gas, heating engineer attended, and couldnt find nothing wrong?? suggestions much appreaciated

if engineer was there and could not see the leak , from here ( my sofa ) have much less chance to identify the leak :) lol

is it still leaking now

no not leaking now, but why a continuos leak for about 10 minutes filled nearly half buckett water, and now nothing....

when filling did you allow pressure to get very high >3bar if so it is possible the relief v/v pipework may not be watertight.

I think you must have over presurised it and then ch was on , then boiler did go over 3 bar pressure and prv did let water out and cos prv was not sealed well it did leak out from under boiler when water should have come out thr building . what bg engineer said

Last edited:
yer thanks lads i fink your right. i let it go to about 2 1/2 bar then i bled the rads, and topped it back up again. thats when it leaked for while, now nothing and all is good at moment, so the v/v pipe is not water tight? whats that? british gas said nothing couldnt see nothing and suggested nothing, his coming back tomorrow....

gogle PRV - pressure relive valve !

yours posible did not have good connection to the pipe which it is connected to , in emergency over 3 bar this valve will open and water will travel via the pipe to outside your property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
I
Yes it generally needs pressure for it to work.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back