Leaking wall hung toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking wall hung toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbosweed

Hi, bit of a strange problem proving hard to find so wondered if anyone had come across this problem before? I was called to look at a leak on a roca wall hung toilet. Water leaking at bottom of pan onto floor. The water is clean, no smell in bathroom, so logic tells me it's leaking from cistern or when flushed. I pulled the pan off the wall and checked for scale marks on back of pan. There was no scale marks at the back of the pan, so I don't think the flush cone is at fault. The waste is connected via a flexi pan connector. The seal looks fine. The ply behind the pan is wet, I think the flush pipe might be leaking at the elbow of the cistern. I can't see how this would start leaking all of a sudden? The toilet has been fitted for over 4 years and only just started to leak. I tried to order a new flush pipe and seals from manufacturer but, I was told its a 3-4 week wait. Anyone had any similar issues??

Ask them not to use it for a couple of days. If after a couple of days there is no leak now present it will be the pan connecter or the flush cone.

You do not need to order a new flush cone from the manufacturer, just go to a merchants.

Maybe replace the flexi multikwik with one of the mcalpine flexible pan connecters that you mechanically tighten onto the pan outlet waste spigot with a jubilee clip.

Dont put any silicone grease on the flexi multikwik, especially if its a wall hung pan of a back to wall pan.

As its clean it must be incoming water, had the same about 4 weeks ago, replaced the cone and not been back.........hang on theres the phone?

I've found Roca flush pipe bungs are rubbish. Replace with one of the heavy rubber ones from a plumbers merchants

I have water sink problem in my kitchen I have this problem for a long time can any one suggest me a best plumber that help me better from this problem asap.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Yes you can replace the pan- you would be wise...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back