Leaking waste pipe problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking waste pipe problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening all.

Been working at an office block where today I received a call about a leak on an existing waste pipe.

E5C31B26-F978-43C8-96FE-18BE05BB05A2_zpssjiya7bu.jpg

I havent seen it leaking first hand but have seen the pipe work. It's lead as it comes in to the building and then has funny joint which I'm unsure of. Where the leak is and then into an old mcalpine coupling. I would re run the waste back to soil in plastic but it's on the 5th floor.

can anybody recommend a solution to this? Thanks

Last edited:
Does your public liability cover you on fith floor?

Mine only goes up to three I think.

So its leaking at the wiped joint? What is on the other side of wall is that outside?

Last edited:
unusual to get a leak on a wiped joint that shows no sign of damage more likley to be the lead pipe in the wall or the multifit coupling

Yes mate regarding public liability. Funny you ask that as I only changed it lately when someone else said the same thing.

As I say. I haven't seen the leak itself I've just been sent that photo and told that it was leaking from that wiped joint.

On the outside the lead runs into the soil pipe about two metres away

Yes mate regarding public liability. Funny you ask that as I only changed it lately when someone else said the same thing.

As I say. I haven't seen the leak itself I've just been sent that photo and told that it was leaking from that wiped joint.

On the outside the lead runs into the soil pipe about two metres away

Can you not run the waste to with in 12" of the soil stack in plastic and use one of the Multifit Jubilee clip connectors like this Flexi Waste Straight Coupling 30-38mm | Compression Waste | NoLinkingToThis

Like I said it's the fifth floor and access is nye on impossible.

It's comes off in 1 1/2 pipe. Do you think I could cut before the wiped joint. Use a fernco coupling and then reconnect to plastic inside?

just a thought could it actually be plastic pipe melted and pushed on to the lead?

I'd go with the Fernco coupling and if need be a bead of Clearfix for good measure.

Let's hope it's a leak at the compression on the arrival and not at wiped joint..
Looks like lead to copper to compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
First, ensure the exact position of the leak...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
Back