Leaking water valves to a dishwasher - advice | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
Guest viewing is limited

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking water valves to a dishwasher - advice in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Morning gents

First timer here - hoping for some advice. I replaced a cold water inlet hose yesterday for my dishwasher after discovering a v slow leak that had led to water pooling on the floor. Also noticed the hot water inlet wasn't capped so capped that off, too.

However, after having disturbed the valves they're both seeping a small amount from above the nut above the respective shutoffs. I've tried tightening the nut an 1/8th turn or so but that hasn't solved anything.

Sorry if this is a silly question but can I seal that leak with epoxy or similar, or do I need to replace the whole valve assembly? Hopefully the photo shows what I'm on about.

Ta

IMG_6044.JPG

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ah perfect. Thank you!
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Much...
Replies
Views
You can get a blue box of decent rubber rings...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Drew, What / where is the new Washing...
Replies
Views
Back