leaky shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leaky shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Please can someone advise how to fix this shower that leaks?
I guess I need to replace the washers inside the taps. Is it the blue or red one? My local DIY place didn't have the washer last time I attempted this.
The cold tap is the culprit, a bit soft to tighten and leaks unless really tight. The hot does a bit too.
Thank you

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 09.31.36.png

Leaking out of the shower head / spout ?

Upvote 0
Red arrow then

Tap washer like the one you changed on the cold

Upvote 0
Finally took this tap apart. Please see photo attached, all the rubber seals look ok to me. Any idea on how to fix the leak? At the moment the taps need to be tightened tight tight for it not to drip.
Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20240510_122100695.jpg
    PXL_20240510_122100695.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
Are they soft the rubber seals eg remove and see if they bend in half

Upvote 0
Are they soft the rubber seals eg remove and see if they bend in half
I've just changed all the seals and no dripping anymore. The only issue now is that it's a very soft close - I think because i couldn't get the cartridge seals into metal rim - so I guess they're being squished down. The hope was that they'll squish down and slot in

Upvote 0
Sounds like there the wrong size ones worst case if you can’t get any smaller ones you can remove the upstand with a grinder

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
Make sure that the washers are installed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah.. i see. yes very odd and at this point...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, both taps in the shower have been filled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only seal the outside that should be enough
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the site and am hoping someone...
Replies
Views
Back