left hand toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss left hand toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goolok78

can anyone tell me the difference between left hand and right hand toilet. i don't know the difference

assuming its the side the handle is on most are now push button though and the older ones you could change over
hi thanks for replying its a push button but is a corner toilet so still unsure it doesn't mean the side of the bathroom its going on i hope coz ive ordered it lol

Had them for where they designed to fit in left hand corner for bath suite

can anyone tell me the difference between left hand and right hand toilet. i don't know the difference

Did one last week and the fill valve was on the left (most cisterns fill on the right) Maybe that's what it means. No reason why it wont fit in any corner you want

After I've spent half hour reading The Sun, there's no need to wipe.....

Sorry, I've gone too far!

or it could be the direction the corner wc is faced/angled seeing as it is a corner appliance!

Hmm!

In the old days a Left or Right handed toilet pan meant the direction the outlet faced on a "P" trap pan. In those days Multi Kwiks and the likes where not about and the pan outlet spigot direction was cast as part of the pan.

As to the cistern they are usually converted left or right as you want by changing the innards around.

Its is unusual to be asked if you want a Left or Right handed toilet now days though. Its usually a straight "P" trap outlet and you use a bent Multi Kwik to change direction. Be interested to find out what Left or Right hand means now though.

We had 18 years of right hand toilets, then 13 years of left hand toilets, and now we're 9 months into straight toilets ... I think I've lowered the tone more than enough ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-3-8-in-C...
Replies
Views
Either buy the correct one at the higher cost...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Back