Lets start an online library of gas appliance manuals | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lets start an online library of gas appliance manuals in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Lets start an online library of gas appliance manuals for the private gas safe forum users, I think this would be a great idea and would surely help a few of us out at some point, especially when you need that pesky manual and cant find it anywhere. I've got a fair few pdf. files already. Just thought it would be handy and cheaper than buying them online!

guess the admins would have to sort it :/ but i think it would be a cracking idea!

this is a good idea which certainly merits further investigation

They've already got an "index" on here with loads of manuals in, could we just not add to those ones somehow?

good idea , maybe could put a supplememt page to assist in awkard problems you come across on them to.

Like what parts don't come with new o-rings/washers and REALLY should!

got a disc of ebay with loads on but not many of the older boilers or rare ones on it .

I think this a great idea ... My prefered forum would be that, if available would be to GSR only? Concerns about it being an easy source for the DIYer maybe? ... :)

if its done it can only be in the gsr only forum but i think this is a great idea,tfg pm mr doberman with your ideas and if we can get all the contributors together i am sure we can make something up

I think this a great idea ... My prefered forum would be that, if available would be to GSR only? Concerns about it being an easy source for the DIYer maybe? ... :)

Just to the GSR people is what I though, I spoke to Dan about It and he thought their could be issues with copyrights etc I personally I am not sure how copryright laws would lie with this idea; however i will be looking into it.

if its done it can only be in the gsr only forum but i think this is a great idea,tfg pm mr doberman with your ideas and if we can get all the contributors together i am sure we can make something up

if anyone can explain to me how to use my scanner i have the ideal issar and logic training manuals . and the new glow worm training manual.also the ariston training manual

Just to the GSR people is what I though, I spoke to Dan about It and he thought their could be issues with copyrights etc I personally I am not sure how copyright laws would lie with this idea; however i will be looking into it.

Copyright, I'd imagine would only apply to what is not already published by the manufacturer's and openly available? ... I'd imagine if a website such as this approached manufacturer's stating that the info was only available to registered installers then what would their disagreement be? Unless, that is, they have money to gain by keeping the info away from us?

Good example is for the Optimax HE, The standard manual didn't contain Instructions for stripping the heat exchanger and setting co2 %(quite confusing if you haven't done one before because the older ones don't have a min & max they only have one adjuster) I had to have ferroli E-mail a separate instruction booklet

Last edited:
I'm standing by to upload my sine 18 manual...best boiler ever made !

Maybe you could set up some server software on your pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hey Kwak, just wondering how you're getting on...
Replies
Views
Stuarty117
S
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back