Lever valves | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lever valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybo_1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good little story from today.

Was thinking about how much better lever valves are then gate valves. I think around 1 in 10 gates actually work nowadays. It lead me to think how long have lever valves been about and will they last a lot longer then gate valves.

Never came across a lever valve that didn't shut off until this happened earlier on a 35mm boosted cold water supply at 3pm.

I went to reinstate the water and snap off came the lever in the off position. Couldn't of happened on a worst supply. The feed to the hotel spa. Which had to shut down for an hour or so. Bad day

I do have a picture for this but can't seem to work out how to upload of my phone. Is it possible?

1C0115EB-BAED-40E0-AFDC-BC60378A522C_zpsym2zozkh.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a worry! Never seen that happening!
Worst thing is it is a Peglers valve which you would assume would be better than most!
Maybe should notify Peglers with a letter & a few pictures.

I was surprised to see it was a pegler as well. You'd expect them to be up there with best about. If I were to contact them about this, what would I really be expecting back?

I suspect Pegler is not always made in UK. Some of Pegler taps are very inexpensive & not great & I assume they're made elsewhere. Their kitchen sink monobloc mixers can be bought for £40 - they look decent enough, but surely can't be made in UK & sold over the counter at that low cost?

at least it just snapped, I had one blow the seal in a hotel boiler room, supplying the pool and half the hw in mid summer at 4pm one afternoon. Only good thing was I could just leave the door open and let the water flow out as I drove to the merchant to clear their shelves of 28mm lever valves, as it involved closing another 6 to isolate the leaky one!! having one go doesnt give one any confidence, I got home about 7 30 that night, wet, having swapped 2 more valves!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
This is one of those 'it was alright before...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
That’s the cold main in the boiler look...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
Back