like to say hello to everyone | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter sheff paul
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 215

Discuss like to say hello to everyone in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Just been let into the
plumbers arms by Dan the man,must warn you i can be a ******** at times,but i gennerally mean well,bit like that bloke that hangs outside the womens toilets in a night club hoping to pull a drunk slapper:sick:

Can i ask you a question mate as i see that your north of the border,thinking of going up there biking next year with a few mates .Is there a strong anti english sentiment in scotland we were having a debate at work the other day about this as one of the lads had his bike kicked over last year,15 bikes parked up,he was the only brit staying in the guest house,whats your take on this

Can i ask you a question mate as i see that your north of the border,thinking of going up there biking next year with a few mates .Is there a strong anti english sentiment in scotland we were having a debate at work the other day about this as one of the lads had his bike kicked over last year,15 bikes parked up,he was the only brit staying in the guest house,whats your take on this

Well, funny you ask that ...

It's not that its anti-English, but weve always had this thing, personally, I dont mind the English, and I love the idea of being Britain, one United Kingdom. But there is a lot of the lads who dont like the English, I think for numerous reasons etc, 1 big reason is the movie Braveheart! Haha ... But I couldnt see anyone having a problem coming to Scotland biking, especially if you goto Peebles! Thats an excellent route, the Black Trail is 26miles!

I'll have a cup of tea for now as I'm not sure if I'll be in the gym tonight yet or not!

Well, funny you ask that ...

It's not that its anti-English, but weve always had this thing, personally, I dont mind the English, and I love the idea of being Britain, one United Kingdom. But there is a lot of the lads who dont like the English, I think for numerous reasons etc, 1 big reason is the movie Braveheart! Haha ... But I couldnt see anyone having a problem coming to Scotland biking, especially if you goto Peebles! Thats an excellent route, the Black Trail is 26miles!

Us english are crap at history,we couldnt name many kings in the past,but i heard about Braveheart before,only time ive had a run in was in a post office in Australia when a scottish women working in there refused to serve us,at first i couldnt work out why it only darned on me months later,when i saw something on line,in the north of england never heard anything bad said about scottish lads,any way i am a bit of a Long way round fan,(Ewan mcgregor) into biking ,will be a bit sad though if scotland goes on its own,the ****ing idiots in power in London dont give a toss about Northern England

Hullawrerr paul, you'll be ok up here as long as you stay away from places like Easterhouse, you'll know have to worry about getting your bike kicked over in Easterhouse, i can guarantee when you get back it will no be there.

That's nonsense, you'll be most welcome up here. The locals are generally very friendly to the point that you'll soon get peed off everytime you speak as you'll automatically be asked where your from!
Political mood up here is not anti-English. Please don't confuse the Devolution and Independence issues with being anti- anything, it's about improving the lot of the whole of the UK and please don't believe the Biased Broadcasting Company and the Unionist press.
Drop by when your coming up. The Scots will welcome you and you'll have a great time.......apart from the midges!

Funny thing about the politics of the UK is that England's last government were predominantly Scottish and look what they did, Cameron is a Scot.
English upper classes dumped heavily on every one of their conquests but none more so than their own population.
I am English and proud to be so but there is no place on any official form that gives me the option to tick English as my nationality.

As has been said you should not encounter any anti anything up here (well maybe the mention of thatcher will wind some up). We welcome anyone, even the English :wink: You will be fine. Just say you are a Motherwell supporter and you shouldn't offend anyone :lol:

Funny thing about the politics of the UK is that England's last government were predominantly Scottish and look what they did, Cameron is a Scot.
English upper classes dumped heavily on every one of their conquests but none more so than their own population.
I am English and proud to be so but there is no place on any official form that gives me the option to tick English as my nationality.

I don't disagree with you. They were shocking but they played to the votes until it all went xxxx up. Most politicians of all parties are becoming detached from the reality of real life outside their cosseted world. Scotland, if we do vote for independence, will just be the start of it. Powers will be also no doubt be devolved to Wales, Northern Ireland, and the English regions will follow too. Imo that is a good thing.

All of the constituent nations in the UK are proud of their individual identities as well as being British. It always amazes me that the English nation are not allowed to be as equally proud of their heritage as well as being British. Devolution has for the best part been a success in the UK and I also don't understand why the English people are not screaming from the roof tops for their own English parliament to deal with solely English issues as we have in Scotland for Scottish issues. If we all have the powers needed to improve our lives in each of our own countries then I think the UK as a whole would be a far better place. In fact, an equal partnership of nations would then exist. The current system in Westminster is unfair as I doubt if a MP from say Harrogate really gives a toss about what is happening in Govan and vice versa, and Scottish MP's can (unfairly) vote on English issues, while English MP's can't vote on Scottish devolved issues.
As to Cameron being Scottish, don't get me started! He's about as pro Scottish as Mugabe is pro British!
I vaguely remember a referendum for an English parliament and the people voted no?

All of the constituent nations in the UK are proud of their individual identities as well as being British. It always amazes me that the English nation are not allowed to be as equally proud of their heritage as well as being British. Devolution has for the best part been a success in the UK and I also don't understand why the English people are not screaming from the roof tops for their own English parliament to deal with solely English issues as we have in Scotland for Scottish issues. If we all have the powers needed to improve our lives in each of our own countries then I think the UK as a whole would be a far better place. In fact, an equal partnership of nations would then exist. The current system in Westminster is unfair as I doubt if a MP from say Harrogate really gives a toss about what is happening in Govan and vice versa, and Scottish MP's can (unfairly) vote on English issues, while English MP's can't vote on Scottish devolved issues.
As to Cameron being Scottish, don't get me started! He's about as pro Scottish as Mugabe is pro British!
I vaguely remember a referendum for an English parliament and the people voted no?

the north of england is being truly hammered in this reccession.Labour did create a lot of jobs in the north,some useless some not ,but Cameron will soon have those.IMHO the banking sector in London ought to be spread across the UK,the tossers dont do a good job but they have a lot of spending power which keeps the south east afloat.The Tories hammered ,coal,steel,manufactuering but give billions to the banking sector which is all kept in the south east,noticed whilst living abroad talking to guys from southern england that they never venture north citing that phrase ''Its grim up north'' ...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you so much. I am now officially out of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would tend to agree with snowhead the...
Replies
Views
Back