Limescale filter resins in internal cold water pipework | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Limescale filter resins in internal cold water pipework in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

I have an undersink 3-stage water filtration system. The limescale media (resins) leaked into the internal cold water lines. The filter had two sponges, one at the top and one at the bottom, that shifted, causing the media to end up in the pipework. I managed to unblock the tap nearest to the filtration system. However, the tap in the downstairs toilet, the upstairs taps, and showers now have very weak pressure. Moreover, when I open two taps, one of them will not have any water flowing. If I open all taps upstairs at the same time, all of them stop flowing.

Apart from removing an airlock from the pipework, I don’t have any skills related to plumbing, etc. By the way, I tried to use the “airlock” method to unblock it, but had no luck whatsoever. Any advice on what I can try myself, as well as any advice on what I need to ask plumbers to do to resolve the issue, would be much appreciated!

Hi, thanks for posting, how have you got on with your problem?
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get any plumber to come to the property. It seems that no one is interested in this job...

Insurance does not cover it so I am stuck with it. My main problem is that my daughters have skin condition that requires them to bathe almost each day, but it's impossible without cold water! So I am driving back and forth each day at evning to use someone else's bath /shower. Not ideal situation like you can imagine.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any recommendations on which Brita water jug...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anything been changed, or added recently?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back