Lincoln Warm Air Oil Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lincoln Warm Air Oil Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clydesider

Hi all
I have an ancient Lincoln oil fired warm air boiler (42 years!) with a Davis Wayne burner. It might be older than some of you!
It still works, and heats my water as well, but it is probably well past it. Output is about 120k btu. We like warm air heating as it is instant and handy for drying clothes!
No gas where I live and the price of oil is making me weep.
Would love to be able to afford a new Multicalor but I dont have that kind of money at the moment.
Would I be wasting my time fitting a modern burner to try and make it a bit more efficient.
Any advice appreciated.
Mike

Maybe time to look at renewable ie a heat pump

Welcome to the forum clyde

Thanks for the welcome.
Heat pump would be a good alternative but the purchase and installation costs of all this along with pipes/radiators etc is out of my budget.
Mike

Not sure if you can still get oil fired warm air units anymore, only comercial

so it looks as though you'll have to have a complete system with new boiler and rads, will be a lot more efficient

I wouldn't spend good money replacing the burner, you can guarantee the heat exchanger will hole the moment you do.

I suppose the options are - Fit full wet heating system, Fit LPG gas warm air unit to existing ductwork, It is possible oil fired warm air units are still available (google DB green)

Spending money on such an old bit of equipment is a waste.

Look at ways you can improve the efficiency of your house first - Double glazing, thicker loft insulation, draught excluders etc etc. Often you can save more energy doing this than changing your boiler.

Thanks folks. My insulation is good ie very thick loft, double glazing, cavity wall insulation etc.
D B Green can supply heat only Multicalor unit for around £3k and eventually that's the route I may have to go down money permitting.
We dread the upheaval of a wet system installation but that may be an alternative.
I suppose with the rampant price of heating oil I may be forced to look at a complete change.
Mike

How about an air to air heat pump, could probably use the existing ducting from warm air unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Boilers are rated to 350kw each, got the...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
V
I am looking for some advice please on a...
Replies
Views
Vajolirojah
V
K
Re: Strong oil smell from oil boiler...
Replies
Views
R
no not at all, the compensator internal and...
Replies
Views
migoplumber
M
Back