Linking a back boiler to the CH on a 2 storey house | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Linking a back boiler to the CH on a 2 storey house in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WeeTom84

Hi
any advice would help , I'm goin to install a back boiler into the house and was wondering can I use a gravity feed system for my back boiler then link it to the CH after it goes through the second coil? Should I install NRVs at the flow of each boiler and a separate vent from the flow and cold feed to the return on the back boiler side ? Is this a safe system? All advice appreciated

No it's not safe or compliant with part L2 Get some one in who's experienced or at least get a book!

I think you have picked up a few ideas about the method of doing a solid fuel link up from somewhere & got them muddled up. So many ways to do it, but it can be done with a Twincoil cylinder, but you will need 4 pipes to the solid fuel fire & the 2 primaries are critical. Also needs injector tee & thermostatic control of heat in cylinder & some way to dump heat. Boiler MIs have to be adhered to.
Get a heating person who knows about solid fuel link up.

The house did have a duel system before ,all the pipe work is there ,the left side of the back boiler is the gravity feed side goin g from the boiler to the unused other coil in the cylinder the right side I the oil heating with a pump on the return, does this sound right?

The house did have a duel system before ,all the pipe work is there ,the left side of the back boiler is the gravity feed side goin g from the boiler to the unused other coil in the cylinder the right side I the oil heating with a pump on the return, does this sound right?

Could be as you describe it, although the pipes are supposed to be connected on diagonally opposite sides, - ie the gravity flow on one side & gravity return the other & same with pumped pipes.
The gravity pipes have to be the larger 28mm & vent & feed have to be no less than 22mm.
Just because the pipes are perhaps all there, doesn't mean they are correct. They could have been put in by any idiot, - plumber or otherwise & besides, there are a number of things now required - like heat leak & thermostatic control of pump & usually injector tee etc.
Get a expert on dual heating to look it over.

I don't leave any pipe work for safety reasons . Especially old primaries

Contact dunsleyheat co and ask about their neutralisers, this will give you an idea of what is involved. DO NOT tackle this work yourself unless you are skilled and experienced. If not done propery this can be extremely dangerous . Be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the back of the fireplace there will be a...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
C
Like my system except a longer feed pipe??
Replies
Views
Back