Little help with install please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Little help with install please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Morning all

Had a call out yesterday, custard had been told that the 2 port zone valves was faulty & had brought it them self so it was fitting only, didn't know much about the system until I got to the property.

They had a Baxi combi instant 105e installed along side a small magaflo cylinder.

There was more than just the 2 port that had problems, the boiler is ketterling like a B&$CH & they asked me about changing the boiler.

The custard did say even with the small magaflo in place the water pressure was very very bad in the upstairs bathroom, almost to the point where the shower was un-usable.

She asked me about ripping out the cylinder & just installing a good combi (I recommended a ideal logic plus 35kw)

But I'm just not 100% sure that installing a nice sized combi will give the flow rates wanted & I've only worked on magaflo many many moons ago in schools & larger buildings.

Even the 35kw logic plus will only give 14.5 L/MIN, the baxi installed (if working ok) will give 14.3 L/MIN.

The instal already has a 22mm cold water mains & 28mm gas main.

Just looking for some ideas really please lads

check flow and pressure on incoming mains and take it from there. Will be pointless to have 35kw on 10l/min. I like Logic + option.

Did you check that the strainer wasn't blocked in multi valve? Was shower pap? Sounds like scale could be an issue. If pressure and flow are good and mega flow is in ok condition I would be hooking it up to new boiler for DHW in bathrooms and using combi for kitchen. If pressure that bad accumulator or open vent.

Did you check that the strainer wasn't blocked in multi valve? Was shower pap? Sounds like scale could be an issue. If pressure and flow are good and mega flow is in ok condition I would be hooking it up to new boiler for DHW in bathrooms and using combi for kitchen. If pressure that bad accumulator or open vent.

Custard did say that from day 1 the upstairs shower has always been very poor & she was not happy with the install when it was finished. She was told the upstairs shower would be like a jet wash lol

Whats the incoming main size?
if it has a furred up section of steel then it wont matter whats out in.

Stuck the 35KW logic plus in, runs like a dream, heating has never been that hot & all hot water outlets are top notch.

Shower in en-suite is more powerful than its ever been

Custard really happy with the whole job

Thanks for all the advise lads

So what was the problem? Must have been a restriction around the cylinder as by rights the megaflo should be better than the combi for hot water demand.

So what was the problem? Must have been a restriction around the cylinder as by rights the megaflo should be better than the combi for hot water demand.

I'm not 100% sure TBH, haven't had time to strip the bits I ripped out down to find out. The boiler was slugged up for a start tho.

But I think half the trouble was as the custard has been re-modeling the house they have had about 4 or 5 different plumbers in doing work, 2 of which are part time plumbers & I found over the years that by doing that things never work as they should.

Spoke to her yesterday tho & every thing is working fine, heating never been that hot, as now ALL the rads are red hot & the same with the hot water + it's very powerful now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Its up to you, I am perfactly happy with 6LPM...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Dosen't matter no, not polarity sensitive.
Replies
Views
Well, I don't really know. I was thinking the...
Replies
Views
Back