Load vibrating from Boiler on cold tap (intermittent) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Load vibrating from Boiler on cold tap (intermittent) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swal87

Evening guys.

I have an issue with my glowworm cxi30 whereby occationally when i run the cold tap for a few seconds (maybe 5 seconds) the boiler makes a loud vibrating noise for about 4-5 seconds after closing the tap.

This is happening from different taps in the house.

Again this is intermittant and wont happen for days.

Any direction would be apprechiated.

Cheers

Sounds like water hammer to me. Fitting a small shock arrestor may help.

May also be an idea to fit a pressure reduceing valve on incomeing water main (If you have high pressure)

The early Saunier Duvall combi's had this problem and that was solved with a shock arrester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Boiler now much quieter. Plumber loosened heat...
Replies
Views
L
Hi I have the same issue with the ideal logic...
Replies
Views
Paul Scott
P
@woytaz thanks for the update. It's funny...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back