Loast hot water pressure | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loast hot water pressure in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

T

Tosh

I've just replaced a monoblock mixer tap in a kitchen and the new tap has lost about half of the water pressure to the Hot tap.

I've drained the system again just in case it was an air lock, taken new pipe work off to check for blockages, stripped tap down to check for blockages but nothing.

The other taps on the same level are all good so it's something with the new taps but I can;t figure what. Any ideas or am I missing the real obvious here.

It's in one of those upside down houses :confused: where the living room and a bedrrom is up stairs and the kitchen, bathroom and remaining bedrooms downstairs. :eek:

The hot water tank is downstairs on the same level as the new kitchen taps and there is no loft and no CWSC.

Any advise is VERY welcome.

Many Thanks

Tosh

Last edited by a moderator:
> the storage tank is downstairs
no loft and cws.

that don't make any sence. you must have a cws somewhere

but your fault is with your tap. if you are a gravity hot water as it sounds like it.
you have fitted a tap that only works on mains pressure above 1 bar.
a gravity fed tap will work on around 0.2 bar.
read the mi to see what min pressure they recommend.

Upvote 0
Hi AJS,
Absolutely spot on thank you. I didn;t even think to check the bits they'd bought just went in and fitted what they purchased. Never assume anyone else knows what they're doing I know.

Thanks again mate, taken problem out of my hands.

Case closed.

Upvote 0
Re: Lost hot water pressure

By the way,
Also found the CWSC. The house has no loft and the airing cupboard is downstirs with the hot water cylinder. When I asked the cust where there storage tank was all they kept saying was the hot water storage was the only one they had.
They've since called to say they have a dripping overflow. When I went, guess what they had up in a box by a riased ceiling. Oh that'll be the *******g storghae tank I was after then!!!

Is this really the level of people plumbers have to deal with day in day out. OH my god!!!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
As above, and did you check the suitability of...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage...
Replies
Views
Back