lobster tank | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss lobster tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am in the middle of making a tank to hold lobsters alive in my shed, this will save me a trip out to the keeper pot where I store them at sea each time someone want to buy some, I have a big plastic header tank and I want to put some sea water inside it, I want this to circulate and to drip down on top of the water in the tank, like rain so to air the water, anyone know of a pump I could use to do this? thanks

Can't help with the pump but are you in hampshire so I can collect fresh lobster from you instead of mr tesco?!

wales im afraid, lost 23 lobsters couple weeks ago in bad storm , pot was smashed up against rocks, was hoping to get good prices for them this week!! also lost some lobster pots!!! cost me around 500 in losses!!

simon forgot to mention that hopefully it would be something plumbing related that I could pick up for nothing!!?? an old pump off something etc!! haha

pop over to Ilfracombe and look round the aquarium, they have a lovely old lobster on display, Laurence the owner will bore you to tears re pumps etc if you ask

Small shower pump it a 4 gallon f and e tank above your storage tank. Overflow from f and e into your storage tank as well to cope with any excess water?

I only want it to trickle over the tank so ive been told. was thinking of one of them water pumps on drills and attach a small motor to it or something, someone else mentioned a washing machine pump

You might struggle with them drill pumps. I dont think they are built for longevity :)

An archimedes screw pump or a peristaltic pump?

cant tell you how to keep them but could show you how to eat them.?/////?

please send couple of samples over and i will do you a video sometime:)

Hello i have kept fish the same way, i used a washing machine pump but a easier way is to get a submersible water pump for a fish tank.

i would say it would easier to use a fish tank pump or pond pump as then it wont be over powerful and they are cheap enough to buy.

Salt water so you need to avoid anything metal, impeller, shaft etc else you'll knacker the pump and kill the lobster!

I'm toying ith the idea of building a marine aquarium for tropical salt water fish and there's quite a bit to it mate. It could be the same for cold water sal****er. There's a variety of sumps, protein skimmers and what not, sorry I don't know how to post links.

Please post the results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hello Duncan. Yes a shut off valve can pass...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
  • Question
Anything under £500 is good value I'd say just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Test flow rate/pressure of your mains. If it’s...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back