Location of megaflo in overall household pipework? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Location of megaflo in overall household pipework? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

A

Amarka

Hi all. If you were retrofitting a Megaflo with system boiler, would you be wanting to have a direct mains water feed going into the Megaflo first and then the feed continuing into the rest of the house or doesn't it matter? At the moment, the mains water go straight into the kitchen (where the stopcock is) and then feeds the kitchen sink first before all the other outlets...bathroom shower washing machine etc etc. Would the Megaflo need the feed before the kitchen sink? I hope I’m making sense. Thanks all

Mains cold to the cylinder, then balanced cold out to the house is a good setup.
Thanks scott_d. Is this the normal approach advised by professional plumbers? Just thinking the kitchen is at the back of the house and I can see the main feed coming out of the ground into the kitchen cupboard. If the Megaflo was located in the garage in the front of the house, this would require a new mains feed from the meter (located under the block paved front drive). Would the feed than rejoin the existing feed or just continue as a fresh new feed?

Thanks scott_d. Is this the normal approach advised by professional plumbers? Just thinking the kitchen is at the back of the house and I can see the main feed coming out of the ground into the kitchen cupboard. If the Megaflo was located in the garage in the front of the house, this would require a new mains feed from the meter (located under the block paved front drive). Would the feed than rejoin the existing feed or just continue as a fresh new feed?
Where possible yes.
I obviously havent seen the job but I would think you need a 22mm pipe from the kitchen stop tap to the cylinder (you could take a cold supply for the kitchen if it saves lots of work)
Then from the cylinder a balanced cold and hot out to the bathrooms.
You could have a secondary return if its a large house with a long run for hot water.

Where possible yes.
I obviously havent seen the job but I would think you need a 22mm pipe from the kitchen stop tap to the cylinder (you could take a cold supply for the kitchen if it saves lots of work)
Then from the cylinder a balanced cold and hot out to the bathrooms.
You could have a secondary return if its a large house with a long run for hot water.
Makes sense. Thanks for your advice. Really appreciated. 🍻

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you Shaun. Where would we have a gate...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, just catching up on some threads. Have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks again Shaun, much appreciated
Replies
Views
Back