lock out on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss lock out on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Hi guys I am currently fitting a cloakroom basin and wc for a young couple who have just purchased their property. their firebird boiler has been unused for 7 months and maybe more. They have a very young baby and no heating or hot water, the boiler simply locks out, I would like to try and help them out but dont want to meddle and make it worse, the photocell is clean and it appears to go through all the start up procedure and then lock out, apparantly 1000 litres in tank, although i noticed the apollo watchman flashing a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, Confident I can check condition and replace nozzle if needed also pump etc, any advice !

But can you set the oil pressure & the combustion settings correctly & using an analyser?
If you don't work at oil, then just let them get an oil engineer in. The boiler is new to them & they probably don't know its history - if it been serviced properly etc. It will need a complete service & look over now.
All I would do for them if I were you, is try bleeding the oil pump if you know how to do that, just to be sure it hadn't been emptied by previous owners.

I will bleed the pump and leave it at that, Is it usual for pumps to bugger up when not used for a while best ?

Normally you get away with the oil pump siting for months not going, but if it was dry of oil, then not good. Sometimes running out of oil seems to finish off an already worn pump.
A lot of properties sold are empty of oil, so you might have an oil line & oil pump needing bled.
Just need to be sure the boiler is okay & safe though. 7 months lying not going won't do much good for the boiler

If you're not oftec I wouldn't touch it 4 yer own good. Your call

You don't have to be OFTEC, just competent, so unless you know what you are doing, I would get them to get someone in to take a look see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Does it have a flame diffuser? Original...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Back