Lock out on Glow worm boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Lock out on Glow worm boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbo33

Ive got a Glow worm compact electronic condenser boiler (7 years old estimate), and it keeps locking out.

When I go to turn the hot tap on to use the hot water the boiler locks out after first first firing up and then heating for a few seconds.

However when I put the central heating on it fires up ok and warms the radiators alright with no problem.

The boiler engineer thought it was fan and replaced this but the same problem is still happening.

Any ideas, Why does the heating work ok, but when using the hot water the boiler locks out and fails?

I'd check the plate heat exchanger for blockage

I have noticed now that it it locking out when using the central heating, but it takes about 2 or 3 minutes before it locks out when using the central heating, but is much quicker to lock out when just using the hot water only at 5 to 20 seconds.

Would the pump need replacing?

robbo33, your most likely in need of a GSEngineers. Lockout could be a multitude of reasons, specially what you're describing.... It sounds most like it could be circulation problems which do mean pump and/or blockage. However you need someone there to see what is happening I'd say. Could just be a sensor fault end of the day! IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
I
I'm not an expert, but if your system is...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Back