lockshield valve leaking ? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss lockshield valve leaking ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have replaced a rad and when ive fitted new one , the lock shield at both sides ( its a bathroom rad , so doesnt have a trv ) are leaking via the spindle . if i try to pack them using ptfe tape , do i need to make sure there is no pressure in the system ? i have a combi boiler and pressure is at 1.25 bar . will water come out when i remove the nut to pack the spindle ? as i dont want a flood . thanks

no you should be fine but do not turn the rad valve when theres no packing nut on

thanks for the fast reply , so do i just remove the nut , wrap ptfe round spindle , poke it to the bottom , then re-tighten nut ? thanks

As above ^^^^^^

But providing its the modern type , not an ancient one . I tried to pack a locksheild last week on one that was 25 years plus.

Ooooppps, a bit embarrassing to say the least , it unscrewed a fitting in the L/S and i couldnt stop it . I wont do that again, water everywhere.

Yep you should be, close valve first, remove gland nut pack and replace, if you have some loctite 55 it works better.

The one I was on about was a freak one ( I hope ) the l/s were like nothing I have ever seen before.
They were quite big and bulged out on the side, I should have known , every days a school day eh .

Yep you should be, close valve first, remove gland nut pack and replace, if you have some loctite 55 it works better.

The one I was on about was a freak one ( I hope ) the l/s were like nothing I have ever seen before.
They were quite big and bulged out on the side, I should have known , every days a school day eh .

bakelite top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ok, thanks.
Replies
Views
Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah I have found out they are push fit :rolleyes:
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
  • Question
Here is a photograph to peruse.
Replies
Views
Back