Loft location at a higher point than soil vent | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Loft location at a higher point than soil vent in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

D

DavidLoft

Hi there

I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft.

The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level.

However now I am reroofing and need to move the soil pipe.

Can I convert the main waste back to open vented and run my loft into it as a branch connection EVEN THOUGH the loft itself is higher than the soil pipe vent opening height?

The branch would have the necessary slope and I would be be compliant with 900cm rule.

Similar plumbing topics

Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Yes, you are correct, it is wrong, I’ve had it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Back