Logic combi 30 not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Logic combi 30 not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

A

Andy-yorks

I'm looking for a bit of advice about my Ideal logic combi that has not been working for a couple of days. It is flashing the code L2. When reset the blue burner light comes on for maybe a second while it "boots up" but then goes out. If hot water or CH is called for the boiler starts pumping, but this prompts the error code to start flashing.

I have tried to find a local gas fitter but at the moment I have tried about 16 local ones and they are not coming out at this time of year for love nor money. Soonest I have been offered is Jan 8th.

I am a fully qualified and experienced electrician and I'm wondering if any pointers can be given to me to try anything to solve this fault. I will not be touching any gas pipe or valve, or any water pipes or unions though...definitely out of my remit and comfort zone. I just thought if it is something easily done by myself I'd sooner give it a go to get the heating and hot water back. I understand it could be electrical components that are causing this fault.

Thanks .

Does hot water work ?

Yes we have gas at the hob, the CH loop is at 1.5 bar. I have also checked the condensate pipe and it does not appear to be blocked/frozen.

Sorry to say you require a gas safe eng as you can't take the cover off unless your gas safe

Sorry to say you require a gas safe eng as you can't take the cover off unless your gas safe

No problem. I pretty much thought that would be the case, just can't get hold of one.
I'm loathe to offer people electrical advice too for the same reasons. I just thought I might be able to check for electrical faults etc and rule a few things out while I'm waiting to pin a gas safe guy down.

No problem. I pretty much thought that would be the case, just can't get hold of one.
I'm loathe to offer people electrical advice too for the same reasons. I just thought I might be able to check for electrical faults etc and rule a few things out while I'm waiting to pin a gas safe guy down.

Your more than welcome to post the job up in our I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer if you don't mind where are you located

Or depending how old it is it might be still under warranty

Last edited:
Your more than welcome to post the job up in our I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer if you don't mind where are you located

Or depending how old it is it might be still under warranty

I'm in Hull if anyone is interested. The boiler was installed August 2013 so maybe is under warranty for parts ?

I'm in Hull if anyone is interested. The boiler was installed August 2013 so maybe is under warranty for parts ?

Don't know but I'm sure some have more than a 3 year warrenty might be worth phoning ideal up

Don't know but I'm sure some have more than a 3 year warrenty might be worth phoning ideal up

I could stroll round, the factory is a couple of streets away :)

I just checked their website though and the standard logic (my model) only offers 2 years warranty. The logic+ is the one that offers 7 years.

I could stroll round, the factory is a couple of streets away :)

I just checked their website though and the standard logic (my model) only offers 2 years warranty. The logic+ is the one that offers 7 years.

Fair enough worth a look maybe get it serviced at the same time

Thought I would update this. Turned out to be a faulty part after only 3 and a bit years.
Ah well. All sorted now and now I know a great local gas engineer who I have already recommended to my own customers.

Thanks again for the forum help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I would update this. Turned out to be a faulty part after only 3 and a bit years.
Ah well. All sorted now and now I know a great local gas engineer who I have already recommended to my own customers.

Thanks again for the forum help.

Nice easy fix

Similar plumbing topics

W
Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Well, I don't really know. I was thinking the...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
D
I would personally also get heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back