London service call - busted in the act!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss London service call - busted in the act!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

So last year my boiler broke down, noticed it was still under warranty, called them up, all fixed, job done!!
last week I get a text "your boiler service is due, reply with "call back" and we will call you back, so I text callback!!

today get a call!
"You requested a call back sir"
"yes I'm just wondering if you service gas engineers boilers"
"im not sure what you mean"
"well I am a gas engineer, can you service my boiler"
" um errrr"
"just out of curiosity are you stealing my customers?"
"NO"
"so how did you get my details?"
" It is our protocol to call customers back"
"so you are stealing my customers?"
" NO"
"so last year when you came and fixed it under warranty you took the service date and text me back"
"yes sir that is our protocol"
"so you stole my customer?"
"NO!!"
"so you work for boiler manufacturers?"
"yes"
"and you fix boilers under warranty."
"yes"
"and you take the service date from the instructions?"
"yes that is our protocol"
"and you call those customers back a year a year later for a boiler service?"
"yes that is our protocol"
"so you steal my customer?"
"no we are not interested in your customers we have lots of customers and do not need 1 or 2 more!"
"but it's not 1 or 2 is it, it's hundreds"
" well sir if you don't want to be contacted I will delete your details from our system and will not call you back, thank you very much for your time"

if you you are going to rob people's customers at least be honest about it!!

Can't remember now, not a well known one. Only ever seen that boiler once. Cheap and cheerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced...
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
Hey there, My organisation - the CIPD - is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back