london work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss london work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
There is a local builder i work for who are opening an office in london or near and have asked me to do the plumbs and gas works up that way .The works mix will be commercial and domestic and have checked rates from firms that advertise on net and varies between £60 per hour To £85 is this about right up there or has recession hit lahndan!! as well and rates are nowhere near??

Lahndon seems to be a free for all, there are people who charge stupid amounts and get it and then there are others the charge low just to keep the work coming in and get undercut by some almost working for nothing. If you are goin to go into town then dont charge low cos you will only end up doing as i did. I would go into town early to miss the traffic cos if your not in by 7am then you will sit in the traffic for ages and by then there is nowhere to park. After you find a meter that IS working then you spend your time feeding it like a soho fruit machine until your 2 hours is up and its time to play musical vans before one of nigerias finest slaps a ticket on your screen. After a day of excitement its time to spend another 2 hours in commuter land until you reach the edge freedom(m25). When you do eventually get home its time to pay the congestion charge just for the privilage of going to work and you can be safe in the knowledge that your life is now much shorter than when you left the house cos if the india like traffic hasnt taken its toll then the stress of this on a regular basis certainly will.............but apart from that the architecture is nice to look at.

While im avin a moan ive got someone in my local rag advertising landlords certs for £35..........i know we have to compete to get the work but come on boy have some self respect.

If you are on the same site for a while you can drop off tools first day then stay at a hotel in Herts and get the train up and back each day.

Don't believe what you read on the net re London rates. They can be good but they (quite rightly) expect their pound of flesh. You'll need appropriate insurance and a robust 'attitude'.

If you're looking for work, we have a fair bit going on in Fulham but its not £80 an hour.

Can get travelodge in London for £12 a night if you book 3 months in advance or wait for their sales. Stayed at kings cross for £12 and covent garden a few times. Long as you know 90 days in advance you're laughing lol

Don't believe what you read on the net re London rates. They can be good but they (quite rightly) expect their pound of flesh. You'll need appropriate insurance and a robust 'attitude'.

If you're looking for work, we have a fair bit going on in Fulham but its not £80 an hour.

What you got in fulham??

If you're staying on say one particular site I can give you a few places that are free to park. There's plenty if you're leaving tools on job and don't mind jumping on tube

Howsie what formers do you use for the wet rooms? If any. Ground source heat pump, must be a big bit of land. Is this a house or commercial job. How much land do you need for the heat pump.

Wedi for the wr but sometimes the architect will get precious and spec himself.

Re. the gshp, in town the pipes are run down bore holes; expensive but efficient.

Thanks feller. Bore holes a. They must go down deep. I would have thought the water table would be too high in london to do that. I wonder if I could do that in West Molesey? For some reason I thought I would hit water about a meter down. Just because of all reservoirs here I think it gives off that impression

I think you would hit water after a meter down anywhere in the country with amount of rain we have had over last 12 months !!!

Going back on topic will give it a whirl on £70 per hour see what happens

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
There are no blending valves on the manifolds...
Replies
Views
The traditional 3 speed fixed settings which...
Replies
Views
Back