Long basin waste run | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Long basin waste run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reltub

Hi guys need a bit of help, i need to connect a basin waste to a soil stack external but it is 5-6m away i know the max is 3m using 40mm, would i be able to get round this by using a hepvo valve?

cheers

Vent the end of the run & you will have no problems with a water filled trap.
(40mm pipe run with 32mm anti)

Last edited:
So outside instead of an elbow dropping into the stack put a tee on it instead? Can you get vent caps?

thanks for the reply

You don't need an A.A.A.V just run a 32mm pipe up to atmosphere as close to the basin end of the run as poss, terminate it in the normal way (900mm above any opening closer than 3M).

Please don't use anti-vac traps.

This is the thing most of the run is internal under the floor then about 300mm external where its goig to connect into that, i was just reqding i could just use an anti syphon trap then you say dont bother lol, why dont u like them?

They better otherwise I will send him back to school !!
Tell em it's a ventilated discharge branch as set out in BS EN 12056 Part 2 design of AGDS

Last edited:
So outside instead of an elbow dropping into the stack put a tee on it instead? Can you get vent caps?

thanks for the reply
Wrong end of the run mate the stack is the vent at that end the aav if you have to use one would need to be at the basin end of the run so air can be sucked in to the pipe behind the moving water. This prevents the trap from being sucked out or gurgling and allows the pipe to drain faster especially on smaller bore waste where hydraulic jump is more common. Hydraulic jump occurs when the water draining out of the basin is sufficient to fill the diameter of the waste pipe as it drains. It then acts like a plunger in the pipe not a problem if vented properly as the air ahead of the water is pushed out of the pipe and freely out of the top of the stack that it drains too and more air is sucked in behind the plug of water through the aav or better still from another vent to atmosphere. The problems happen when the air ahead of the water won't move out of the way or when no air can be sucked in behind.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help I think an anti syphon trap will solve all my problems! Thanks alot guys

I thought you said it will!? Lol confused me now so a anti syphon won't do the trick or you dont like using them?

Lol I hear ya! Problem is i cant take it to outside, anti syphons being mechanical and breaking aside will they keep the bco happy?? Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, I solved this with a pan connector with...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Back