Longest shot ever! Nut for toilet seat. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Longest shot ever! Nut for toilet seat. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

block

So my terrible luck continues. Fancy modern soft close seat comes loose and being a modern toilet the bolt is hidden with access only being from behind the unit. As the toilet is obviously pushed up to a wall and next to a vanity unit, access is to put it mildly bloody impossible. After fumbling/feeling the nut to try and tighten it, i couldnt understand what type of nut it was so decided to remove the nut, have a look and decide the best way forward. After a long impe including lots of swearing and arm ache I get it off. Turns out to be a 'hump back bridge' shape piece that fits into the hole in the porcelain. Then there is a small nut, like a piece of bar with the threaded hole in it. This then I gather snugly fits into the hump. Truly impossible to achieve with the toilet in situ. After realising the nut fits nicely into a 12mm socket, I devise a plan. Rather than removing the whole toilet, I will reduce the amount tightening up of said bolt by putting various big nuts and washers on the thread and just nip the nut up with the trusty 12mm socket.
I got all nuts/washers in place then managed to DROP the bloody nut down the smallest hole at the side of the waste!!!!! After now removing the entire system to check that the nut hadnt somehow miraculesly NOT dissapeared forever, I have found out that it indeed did.

So to the question!!!!!! Anyone now what thread nut size I need?

( I am still gonna space the bolt as I dont see how the nut can get effectively tightened 'into' the hump ).

It helps to get thing off my chest!!!

Cheers all for listening to my rant.|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

They don't look that corroded tbf, lubricant...
Replies
Views
Never done one but that looks the obvious way...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I’ve tried gently prising up the one...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Must of missed that and tbh I dunno why I...
Replies
Views
Back