Looking for a plumber in Stroud - combi boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for a plumber in Stroud - combi boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaz

Anyone near Stroud who can help? Here's the situation:

My Worcester 24CDi has recently started giving me problems with dhw. When I turn on a hot tap the light will come on to show water is being heated for a few seconds and then go out again. I can keep it heating for longer by opening the bath tap to maximum flow, and this sometimes keeps it burning indefinitely but sometimes goes off after about a minute.

Just before this started happening I lost pressure in the central heating (0 bar) and it didn't take much to top back up to just over half a bar where the red needle was set by the previous residents (maybe when the combi was installed?). That was 2 days ago and it hasn't lost pressure since. There was no air in the rads.

Also lost pressure a few months ago and accidentally refilled to about 1.5 bar and I've been running it like that - don't know if this would have done any damage?

There's an inline Scaleaway unit fitted to the cold supply.

Thanks a lot
Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back