Looking For Adult Apprenticeship | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking For Adult Apprenticeship in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

E

EM2013

Hello all, thought i would try give this forum a shot as i have been looking for an Apprenticeship for some time now with no luck, basically i have just finished my Plumbing and Heating City & Guilds level 2 course at college to learn the basic Plumbing skills to give me an advantage on gaining an Apprenticeship, while on the course a lecturer from another college came in to speak to us all to see if wee liked the option of progresing onto the ACS Gas Safe course, i never thought twice about it and put my name foward.. So currently iam half way through the Gas Safe course and just passed the Bpec Foundation part of it whilst out on placement with a bellshill based company for my portfolio which is going really well. I have gained my CSCS card, pasma, Water byelaws/regs and first aid whilst on the 2 courses, i have my driving licence, own transport and tools/ppe.
The college have also said if we pass our final Assesment on febuary we would be put through a Renewables course which lasts for 6 weeks.
So just a few questions if i havnt bored you by now, am i on the right path? Will i struggle to gain a job within this industry? And what is the best way in gaining an adult apprenticeship if anyone has done it before??

Thanks for taking your time to read over this thread

Hi Mate, how long have you been training? I am starting in doing an NVQ level 2 as a mature person but concerned I may never get an apprenticeship at the end of it. Have you had any responses/feedback?

ive just started an apprenticeship at age 28, although, my apprenticeship runs along side college, not at the end, i take it you have a diploma and need the apprentiship to build the on site portfolio for the NVQ?

2 years now, and by the end of the course nearly 3 years, just hoping with the qualifications i gain will hopefully get me into an apprenticship, i have sent of roughly 30 odd cv's to various companys with only 1 reply saying 'wee are not currently looking for an apprentice but if its ok with you we will keep you in mind if we are ever going to take one on' this was last year.

Yes i need an apprenticeship to be a fully qualified plumber, i thought the city & guilds course would give me an advantage on gaining an apprenticeship, wee shal see, as for the diploma the college could not find us a work placement to gain the full diploma so as it stands its just a level 2 in plumbing and heating even though the new college iam at said if wee dont find work at the end of the gas safe course they will put us through another year which would be 4 1/2 years at college and fingers crossed qualified but wether or not this will happen i really dnt no, as we have been told alot but never happens, iam 28 also and its good to see there's still companys out there taken adult apprentices on.

you can do the adult course as self employed but you will need a mentor !
If you have a friend or local guy who will help you it might be the way to go as I know finding a firm for an older apprentice would be harder .
My mate did his several years ago this way and now employs 2 people and an apprentice doing level 3 so it can be done .

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Brenns, sorry to bring an old post up but...
Replies
Views
hello Mick Thank you for your message. Please...
Replies
Views
Eddy varela
E
Hi. I am based in Essex and always looking for...
Replies
Views
Here we go again. Forum search function for info.
Replies
Views
Back