Looking for advice on boiler pressure please | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for advice on boiler pressure please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bex0_10

Hi,

Before I start I will say I am completly clueless on boilers and central heating!

On friday night I noticed the pressure dial on my boiler was low - 0.5/4

Yesterday the engineer came out and put some pressure in it and also showed me how for future.

I have been out all day and came home about 6pm, the heating comes on at 4pm, and noticed the dial was at 3 which is says is too high (says pressure should be between 1-2.5)

I noticed radiators seemed overly hot so turned down thermostat and also the central heating knob on the boiler, I don't know if this is coincidence but since then the pressure has gone down to 2.5. I also notice the water in the hot tap is very hot very quickly.

Just wondering if this is normal and ok to use the boiler? The pressure is still down at 2.5 and will keep checking to make sure it doesn't return to 3.

It is a baxi combi 105 HE.

Thank you.

The pressure when cold and boiler off should be 1.5 bar. As the boiler heats up the pressure will rise. this is normal. As long as the pressure does not reach 3 bar you are OK

a 105 he should not be on 2.5 when cold it should be on 1 bar,running it this high will either make a o ring burst or blow up the secondary heat exchanger only use it if your desperate get someone back to fix this asap your filling loop may be faulty

Thank you. When I first came in this afternoon it was at number 3 and the boiler would've been on for 2 hours as the central heating is set to come on at 4pm and I got home about 6pm.

Shortly after I arrived home it went down to 2.5 and has stayed at that throughout the evening.

hello it is fine to run a 3bar hot 2.5 bar cold. make sure the filling link is turned of properly. if the pressure drops below 1.5 bar when cold you could have further problems.

Thank you. When I first came in this afternoon it was at number 3 and the boiler would've been on for 2 hours as the central heating is set to come on at 4pm and I got home about 6pm.

Shortly after I arrived home it went down to 2.5 and has stayed at that throughout the evening.
TBH bex i know your boiler backwards,i can rebuild one in my sleep,it should only ever be on 1 bar cold when it expands it will reach 1-5 -2 bar hot,you dont want to pay out for wrecked components if its unavoidable,either the guy you have had out as put to much water in or the filling loops faulty

hello it is fine to run a 3bar hot 2.5 bar cold. make sure the filling link is turned of properly. if the pressure drops below 1.5 bar when cold you could have further problems.
no it is not not on this boiler

nonsense, listen to gas man only on this imHo

TBH bex i know your boiler backwards,i can rebuild one in my sleep,it should only ever be on 1 bar cold when it expands it will reach 1-5 -2 bar hot,you dont want to pay out for wrecked components if its unavoidable,either the guy you have had out as put to much water in or the filling loops faulty

Thanks, it has been at 2.4/5 all evening with the heating on. Is this ok? The boiler is still on and set to go off at 11pm, on again at 5.30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
No. It is possible the pressure relief is the...
Replies
Views
Back