Looking for correct size tool, box spanner or similar | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for correct size tool, box spanner or similar in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Would like a box spanner or similar to help tighten the locking nuts on a replacement sink tap ( has one vertical lock nut over a central cylinder plus for a click clack waste locking nut.

I realise these aren't meant to be hardened down, just saves my fingers and will allow me to nip it up firmly.

I have researched and found mention of BSP thread sizes, but not the size across flats of the lock screws

Also, I see on American sits a tool to prevent the sink plug rotating, when tightening the lock nut....using plumbers mait

thanks

Hello and welcome! If you own, or can borrow a socket set you could try to see which size socket is perfect fit, so to know what spanner needed. A standard deep socket will often do for some taps. There are box spanner sets available for taps from Europe usually about 3 double ended (6 sizes) box spanners in metric. Rothenberger is one set, if that's what you need, but if you are in USA your taps might be totally different and perhaps even good old imperial nut size

Back