Looking for plumber London NW2 | Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for plumber London NW2 in the Find Local Plumbers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Looking for a plumber to install a tank and pump to overcome low supply issue. I have been recommended to use the DAB system on this forum. I understand that this would be a day's job. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I need to get this sorted this week if possible but happy to wait till next week for the right person. More details below.

Flat is on the 3rd floor of a building
  • Issue: No water supply during peak times of the day (usually mornings) for 20-30mins
  • Thames Water has checked and says that they are legally responsible only for guaranteeing 1 bar pressure at the property. The reading taken at the time of visit showed 2.2 bars outside the building
  • The building has a narrow pipe of 15mm delivering water to our flat
  • Water pressure measured at my flat during non-peak hours was <1bar (0.9bar)
  • TW and Building management do not want to spend money to resolve this so I am looking for a solution that makes my flat independent of the supply issues
  • The flat next to ours and below ours have a pump and tank system so its doesnt affect them so the management wants us to resolve it internally
  • Our Flat has a megaflow boiler with a vented cylinder. This megaflow was installed when we bought the flat 7 years ago and has not been an issue. However, I understand that megaflo is not recommended where supply can be low.
  • We have two bathrooms in our flat
  • I discovered that there is a cold water tank that used to be connected by the previous owners but has been disconnected since the megaflo was connected 7 years ago. I understand that this is old and likely small (200l) so I am not looking to reuse this.
  • I have spoken to a few plumbers and I have been recommended two solutions:
1) https://www.completepumpsupplies.co.uk/dab-e-sybox-and-tank
This works with a megaflo from what I understand
2) Remove the vented cylinder (and thus loose the megaflo system) and get a regular cylinder and pump

I am not an expert so am open to any other solution that would resolve this issues. Space is not a problem but weight may be.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Water regs. As Chuck mentioned, to stop the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like the right thing to do however hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Lower running costs for one ,size it for the...
Replies
Views
Back