Looking for someone to sort our microbore gas central heating in Winchester SO22 | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Looking for someone to sort our microbore gas central heating in Winchester SO22 in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

desperateuser

Hi
I'm a customer looking for someone who really knows what they are doing to sort our heating out.
Before we had a new Worcester boiler put in the radiators were hot. Since then, 12 months ago the radiators are warmish at the top but cool at the bottom. We also had a power flush, new inhibitor put in and the manifold re 'made'.
The firm who put it in say its all due to microbore and say they will rebuild the manifold again so they can isolate the different radiators to look at them.However they can give no guarantee this will work.
We feel they should sort it out for free/ or for a big discount as it has never been right - or is this unreasonable of us?
Anyhow any advice or offers to come and sort it out much appreciated.
Thanks

you should encourage the initial installers to come back and sort it out for free.
They ha the opportunity to tell you that microbore pipes will be problematic for the new installation (that should not be the case). But they took on the job and you got a new boiler that is not delivering? The trouble you have is that you have left it ongoing for so long. The longer you ''accept'' their work, the less chances there is that they will be willing to remedy it for free. I say so as they may claim that it had been working ok and has only just started the problems raised.

YOU HAVE BEEN SHORT CHANGED. I hope someone from the forum can help sort it out for you. If you believe the weather man, this winter will be a very cold winter. You will need your heating to be performing at its best

if its 12 months since being changed then I wouldnt be going back for free, but I would have warned them that micro bore and powerflushing doesnt always work and to consider a system upgrade, then the choice is the customers. either way you need the rads cleaned through and the pipework proved to be clear and working and this will take some time but needs doing to work properly.

if you still have this problem i can come and have a look for you

Its probably under gassed , lazy pump , or boiler is at fault not givin enough heat or old gate vale on the bypass .....

don't mind having a look as im reasonably local (beastleigh) something tells me if the powerflush wasn't great chemicals can come out of suspension and cause more problems than solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
L
What plastic pipe was used? Is it the old non...
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
Back